If disputes develop, we will advise as to options for resolution and when appropriate encourage alternative dispute resolution options such as mediation or a barrister’s opinion to double check your prospects of success.
We are happy to assist with any disputes that develop into litigation for existing clients or lessors or any business conveyance disputes. If it is necessary to institute proceedings, we will prepare Court documents and brief barristers within the appropriate specialty to appear in Court if necessary so that you have the correct litigation specialist on your side.
- Cost estimates will be obtained from the barrister and combined with our estimates for any assistance they may require before or after an initial advice at $360/hr + GST.
- We will provide fixed fees for all or part of the work wherever possible or an inital advice at $360/hour plus GST.
- Our Fixed Fees will be followed in the absence of obvious unforeseen complications and our precise method will be in accordance with the Supreme Court Scale which has a similar hourly rate.
- That scale is based upon the work actually performed by allowing a certain amount depending on the length of each letter and document etc as opposed to time costing which is only used for attendances in that scale.
- We use that scale for all work in our office because it is preferred by the courts, it is more objective than time and it is less likely to reward inefficiency and be unpredictable.
Please contact us for a free fixed fee or cost estimate or if you wish to clarify our services further.